Thank you for visiting my fundraising page for SOS Children’s Villages Greece! In lieu of gifts for my 27th birthday this year, I would truly appreciate a donation of any size to help the children & families of Greece affected by the financial crisis.
SOS Children's Villages has been working in Greece since 1975 and we currently run seven social centers where our trained staff of social workers, psychologists and educators provide immediate and long-term support to 1,150 vulnerable families, including 2,260 children.
In the past five years, we’ve reached 4,500 families through our critical services, which include:
- Psychological support for parents and children;
- Provision of material goods such as food and clothing;
- Job-focused skills training for parents;
- Educational assistance for children; and
- Referral services for families with issues related to medical care, legal concerns or social services.
We also have three SOS Children’s Villages in Greece, where children who have lost parental care are placed in loving, stable homes with an SOS mother.
Five years into the economic crisis in Greece and with uncertainty about the future, SOS Children's Villages anticipates an increase in need for our social services and support going forward. We need your help in order to increase our programming to help these children and families in need of support.